Users can access the Service on Devices, through APIs, and through third-parties. A “Device” is any computer used to access the Mevi Service, including without limitation a desktop, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other consumer electronic device.
While providing our Service, we collect information related to Viewers on behalf of our Users. Our use of information on behalf of our Users is governed by our contract with the applicable User and the User’s own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or privacy practices of Users or other third parties.
1. Infomration We Collect
When you interact with the Site or the Service and in connection with our events, and sales and marketing activities, we collect information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”), as described below:
A. Information You Provide as a UserWhen you register an account as a User, you may be asked to provide Personal Data including without limitation, your name, phone number, email address, home address or business address.
You may also choose to submit Personal Data to us when you send us an email or use any interactive features that we may make available on the Service. For example, you may ask us to: (a) import your contacts by giving us access to your third party services (such as your email account) or (b) use your social networking information if you give us access to your account on social network connection services.
You may also provide us with your contacts’ email addresses when sharing folders or files with them or if you invite them to join Mevi. In addition, if you sign up for our paid Service, you may be asked to provide additional information, including your credit card information, as described below.
B. EventsWe may also collect data from you including without limitation when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact customer support.
C. ContentIn providing the Service, we process on behalf of Users information included in the Content that Users (and as appropriate Users’ representatives, employees or other data subjects as elected by Users) upload, download, or access with, share, or send through the Service. If you add Content to your account that has been previously uploaded by you or another user, we may associate all or a portion of the previous Content with your account rather than storing a duplicate.
D. Information We Receive from Third Parties.We may also receive Personal Data (such as your email address) through other Users, for example, if they have tried to share something with you or tried to refer Mevi to you. We may supplement the information that we collected from Users and Viewers (such as an email address) with additional information obtained from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people and companies (including an individual’s name, job title, business contact information, and company information), and display this information to our Users as a part of our Services.
G. Automatically Collected Information.By submitting a comment or feedback to us, you assign to us all of your right, title and interest in and to all such comments and feedback. In the event that such assignment is not valid, you agree and grant to Mevi a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to use or incorporate into the Service any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other information provided by you relating to the Service.
I. Log DataWhen you use the Service, we automatically record information from your Device, its software, and your activity using the Service. This includes the Device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, the web pages you visited before you came to the Site or App, the web pages you view immediately after leaving our Site or App, information you search for on the Site or App, locale preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning the Content, and other interactions with the Content and the Service.
We collect this information in order to deliver the Service and to provide our Users with reporting and analytics relating to the use of the Service. This information is made available to Users via the Service (for example, we provide Users with information on a Viewer’s location based on that Viewer IP address) and may be associated with other information about the User and its Viewers (including Personal Data) that Users provide us.
The information we collect includes:
- Whether or not you have viewed or are viewing Content;
- Date and time you viewed the Content;
- Number of times and length of time Content was viewed;
- Which portions of the Content were viewed; and
- Your IP address and location.
2. How We Use Information
A. Provide Information; Respond to RequestsWhen you ask for information about the Service (for example, when you request a demo or ask us to send you offers or price information), or register to a webinar or an event, we will use your contact information to respond to your request.
B. Provide the Service to UsersWe use account-related data provided by Users in connection with the purchase, sign-up, use, or support of the User account (such as usernames, email address and billing information) to provide you with access to the Service and/or the Site or App, contact you regarding your use of the Service and/or the Site or App, or to notify you of important changes to the Service and/or the Site or App.
We process Personal Data relating to your Content on your behalf for the purpose of providing the Service and to provide our Users with reporting and analytics relating to your interaction with your Content and our Service, in accordance with the applicable User contract.
C. Sending Users Marketing Communications and Other AnnouncementsWe may use your email or mail address to send you information (as applicable) by email and post about new products and services, upcoming events or other promotions. If you receive an unwanted email, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in the promotional email we send you. Please note that if you opt out from marketing communications, we may still contact you regarding issues related to our Service and to respond to your requests. Based on applicable law, our sales representatives may also use your phone number to contact you directly by phone, in connection with such new products and services, upcoming events or other promotions.
Where required by applicable law we will only send you marketing information by email or mail, or contact you by phone, if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. When you provide us with your consent to be contacted for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions to “opt-out” of receiving marketing communication in each marketing email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications or wish to have your name deleted from our mailing or calling lists, please contact us at privacy@Mevi.io. Please note that if you opt out from marketing communications, we may still contact you regarding issues related to our Service and to respond to your requests.
D. For Legitimate Business InterestsWe use data relating to your use of and interaction with the Site and the Service, including information that we receive through cookies and similar technologies, for certain legitimate business interests or to fulfill our contract with you, which include the following:
- to provide, administer and support the Site and the Service;
- to personalize and improve your access to and use of the Site and the Service (including to increase our Service's functionality, product features, and user-friendliness);
- to verify Users have the authorization needed for the Service to process their requests;
- to inform our marketing strategy and personalize our communications with you (including providing or offering software updates, information on our features and other marketing and service-related announcements relevant to the content and features you engage with);
- to conduct research and development, analytics and report on industry trends on content usage and performance;
- to meet our corporate and social responsibility objectives;
- if you ask us to access, update, or delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing; and
- for internal business/technical operations, including auditing, maintaining the quality and safety of our Site and Service, troubleshooting and repairing errors, data analysis, testing, preventing malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity, misuses of our products or services (including the prosecution of those responsible for such activity) and ensuring the security of our Site, Service, IT systems, architecture, and networks.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
A. Your UseWe will display your Personal Data on your profile page and elsewhere on the Service according to the preferences you set in your account. You may access and change these preferences at any time as described in Section 4. Any Personal Data you choose to provide should reflect how much you want others to know about you.
As of the Effective Date, some of the service providers we use include Google Cloud storage service to store some of your information (for example, your Content). You can find more information on Googles data security from their site at: https://www.google.com/about/datacenters/data-security/ In addition, as noted in Section 8, we may use a third party credit card payment service to collect and process your credit card payments for any Service that you purchase for a fee (a “Purchased Service”). You can find more information on our provider’s privacy practices and other terms at https://stripe.com/us/terms and https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
D. Advertising PartnersThrough our Services and on social media sites, third party advertising partners may set cookies, technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day).
E. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Mevi's RightsWe may disclose to parties outside Mevi files stored in your Mevi account and information about you that we collect when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with a law, regulation, or compulsory legal request; (b) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Mevi or its users; or (d) to protect Mevi’s property rights. If we provide your Content to a law enforcement agency as set forth above, we will remove Mevi’s encryption from the files before providing them to law enforcement. However, Mevi will not be able to decrypt any files that you encrypted prior to storing them on Mevi.
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information
If you are a registered User, you may review, update or correct the Personal Data provided in your registration or account profile by changing your “account settings.” If you would like to delete your account, please contact us as indicated below. If your Personal Data changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may update it by making the change on your account settings. In some cases we may retain copies of your information as described in Section 5 below. For questions about your Personal Data on our Service, please contact privacy@Mevi.io
5. Data Retention
6. Mevi Team UsersIf you’re using Mevi on an account tier that provides account administration (“Mevi Team User”), your administrator may be able to:
- access information in and about your Mevi Team User account;
- disclose, restrict, or access information that you have provided or that is made available to you when using your Mevi Team User account; and
- control how your Mevi Team User account may be accessed or deleted.
Please refer to your organization’s policies if you have questions about your Administrator’s rights.
7. Mevi Community
Our Service may offer publicly accessible community services such as blogs, forums, and wikis. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts may remain even after you cancel your account. For questions about your Personal Data on our Service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Your Privacy Rights
B. Data ControllerMevi is the data controller for processing of your Personal Data, but we act as a data processor for Personal Data that we process on behalf of our Users. Please see the “Contacting Us” section below to find out how to contact us.
C. Your RightsSubject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or.
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us as indicated under the “Contacting Us” section below.
E. Data TransfersAll information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
10. California Residents - Specific Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users and Customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with us, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site, Service, or Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, Service or App, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and it will take a reasonable amount of time to process your account.
11. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with a Service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
1644 Platte St STE 400
Denver, CO 80202-2475 USA